We are currently in Dubbo for Australia day long weekend, will be heading back to Sydney first thing tomorrow morning. Dubbo is about 4 and a half hours from Sydney (via Mudgee NSW), there's not much in this town except for the Western Plains zoo. We went on a zoofari yesterday which is quiet a different experience than the one in Sydney but it's quiet a huge place, we rode in our vehicle when we were roaming around, cart can be hire too (similar to that one they use in golf), here's some of the animals we've seen.
Hippo - I was lucky to have a glanced at least of the nose, they stayed under the water until their feeding time and that was at 11;30a,m.
Lion (the king, lol), he's such a lazy one, he only got up just once the whole time I was there for almost 20 minutes.
Sumatran Tiger - you can feed them yourself if you prefer to pay 80 bucks, yes 80 australian dollars that is and it's regardless of your age too.
6 comments:
wow, very awesome! love the details..
Replying to your comment - there's nothing under the leaves but other leaves...at least that I know of. :-)
I love your zoo photos and all the animals. Great shots.
Oooo I love otters! How sweet.
I'd love to see hippos in the wild.. And that lion looks very thin - and hungry!
Nice group of animals at the Zoo, they look fairly happy and content.
Post a Comment