Thursday, January 28, 2010

Skywatch Friday - Power Station at Warewallang NSW

Skywatch Friday

Looks like a smoke coming out from the coal steamer but it's actually just a cloud that hangs on top of it, the coal steamer wasn't on when we drove pass, this was at Wallewarang just at the outskirts of Lithgow off The Blue Mountains, we drove passed there on our way back to Sydney from Dubbo NSW.

Took these shots from passenger side of the car, my husband was driving.

There are two in the area, this one looks like an old one but still being use.

and this one looks like only a few years old.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sky is such a brilliant blue! I love it! Great captures, especially while in motion!

Thanks for visiting my 500th post & Happy Sky Watch Friday!

Ers said...

nice shots. i'm always fascinated with anything high. :)

Sherri said...

Loving the colors...the blue sky is so vibrant! In the winters our skies dont change much...so this is wonderful!

Unknown said...

The colours are amazing, I love how it rises above the trees.

Julie said...

I was up that way last May and took remarkably similar photographs.

Kirigalpoththa said...

I like the second picture!

Kim, USA said...

I would love to drive that way too. Just gazing with that amazing scenery is a therapy already. Thanks for sharing!


Frozen delight